Friday, April 18, 2008

Wipe at BM? Run run run

So we were headed off to heroic BM for fast badge/rep run. Got started a tad fast, I had a little trouble keeping up, and when we got to the first boss, I was standing too far away and got pulled in by that thing he does, interrupting my healing. I lost the tank there, and the rest of us soon followed. Bugger.

Ah well, we waited a few minutes for the soft reset and then we headed off again. Much better this time, fast and smooth and me keeping the rest of the crew alive most of the time.

Was at the last boss, Aeonus himself, in no time. And then I failed again. I didn’t have the tank topped off and Renews ticking on him when Aeonus did his time-stopping thing, and even me shielding the tank when I could cast again didn’t prevent his taking fatal damage. And we all died.

However, the shield was at a 100 % still when we wiped, so I told the others to release and start running ASAP! Reluctant a bit first, saying it was no use, but they obliged me. And when we got back the shield was at 48 %, and ticking down fast.

We did take the time to rebuff, drink and eat to full health, and when we engaged the big dragon again the shield was down to 10 %.

And this time we killed him.

So, the moral of this story is, when in the Black Morass, keep the shield intact for as long as you can so that, if you should happen to die while fighting the last boss (or any boss I guess), you can release and run in as fast as you can and still have a pretty good shot at taking the ugly mofo down!

0 kommentarer: