Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mains vs alts?

One thing that struck me as I was browsing different guilds’ forums and application pages was how much they all differentiated between mains and alts. Some guilds even only allow you one or two alts in their ranks.

Tessy is my main. Period. She has been from the start and she will be for ever, she was my first, my precious, and she is the one closest to my heart. Nothing will change that.

Granted, at the moment I don’t play her as much as I play some of my other girls, and she has never yet seen the inside of Karazhan or Zul’Aman, but that does not matter to me. (To be fair though, she is the only ones of my girls that has seen the inside of the Molten Core and Zul’Gurub back before TBC.)

Tessy is the undisputed clan leader of my unruly flock of girls, and when I take her fishing or doing the cooking quests it feels a little like coming home.

Maybe its just because we share a name, and I feel WoW-Tessy is more of a representative of AFK-Tessy than any of the others. Maybe it’s just a matter of semantics, and the main/alt thingy is really no big deal. (Or maybe I am just a little nutty, or more than a little. Well, this last explanation does strike me as a true one :P)

I can maybe understand if the more seriously inclined guilds frown upon you bringing a new alt to every raid or so, or maybe that a role-playing guild would want you to play your character and not branch out with a lot of alts, but why should any other kinds of guilds object to you having a zillion alts?

My flock of girls feels a little like some online family and I can't really see how they can be separated. If you want Tessy, you have to take that I will play with the rest of them too :-)

0 kommentarer: