Monday, May 19, 2008

Vial of the Sunwell

This sweet little trinket dropped for me in a heroic Magister's Terrace run, and I promptly replaced the Oshu'gun Relic I have been dragging around for so long. Odd thing about it though, its called Vial of the Sunwell but it shows up in the combat log as Vessel of the Naaru.

But on second thoughts, is it really such an imba trinket?

Equip: Collects 100 Holy Energy from healing spells you cast. Cannot collect more than 2000 Holy Energy.

Every healing spell I cast adds to the stack, up to a total of 20. However, Holy Nova and the Frisbee do not add to the stack (guess they are for some reason not counted as healing spells...)

The stack seems to be everlasting as long as you don't use the trinket. I have had a stack up and logged out for the night, with the same stack up when I logged in the next day.

Also, the charges stay up even if you unequip the trinket, and when re-equipped it retains the stack.

Use: Release all accumulated Holy Energy to instantly heal current friendly target by the amount of Holy Energy accumulated. (2 Min Cooldown)

This is a nice feature, it is an instant spell that is NOT affected by the global cooldown, and you can thus allegedly use it while silenced too. I have not tried his yet but will do as soon as possible.

According to the tooltip (100 Holy Energy per charge) it should be 2000 heal per use, but if I trigger a full stack it heals for 2200 and 3300 if it crits, so it seems the talent Spiritual Healing affects it.

Also, the 2 minute cd is about long enough for a full recharge, so by the time the cd is up it will have a full new 20 stack waiting to be released.

Equip: Restores 15 mana per 5 sec.

Ah, sweet, thank you, more mana is always welcome! :-)

I think the key question to consider about this trinket is when to use it. Save it for an emergency heal, or use is as soon as the cd is up?

If it is possible to use through stuns and silences, like the Time Stop of Aeonus in the Black Morass [Edit: Can't use during the Time Stop, its a stun and not a silence] and the Deafening Roar of Nalorakk, then I would definitely make sure that it was ready for use when that happens.

On other fights, I think its better to use it as soon as the cd is up, otherwise other trinkets might be of better use.

I don't have that many trinkets to choose from, and since I am a stickler for mana regen I will keep the Vial equipped along my Talasite Owl, which I will replace with a Seaspray Albatross as soon as I can get my hands on some Seaspray Emeralds without having to dig too deep into my pocket.

0 kommentarer: