Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kara - for gear or badges?

I am sometimes told I have a low heal bonus. Well, it’s really not that much to brag about, only a little over 1500 or so, which compared to the many +2k healers in my guild is pretty low. I do my best to increase it though, I run heroics for loot and badges, I do bg’s to get some of the good pvp healing gear, I do the dailies for gold and rep to get me some of the sweet rep rewards.

I have a wish list of Karazhan drops that would be nice upgrades for my healing outfit:
Red Riding Hood's Cloak
Blue Diamond Witch-Wand
Ribbon of Sacrifice
Masquerade Gown
Hnadwraps of the Incarnate
Pauldrons of the Solace-Giver

All of the above may drop in the first parts of Karazhan up to the Curator. The bosses of the upper part of Kara also has a lot of nice drops but usually we don't go further than the Curator in one go.

So last night I signed up for the scheduled Karazhan run, hoping for a chance to snag some of the nice healing drops in there, and get a few more badges so I can buy my very first piece of shiny stuff from that greedy smith Hauthaa.

However, I did not get invited to the run :-(

Well, that’s ok, there were a lot of people that had signed up and wanted to go, I do not expect to get to raid every time I feel like it.

But then I take a look at who is going, and I see three healers that are fully decked out in high-level epics, all badge geared and with heal bonuses way over 2 k. None of them need even a single drop from Kara and if anything of the above dropped it would probably be disenchanted or go to some hybrid class’s offspec.

Naturally I felt a little disappointed, thinking that why the heck do these people go for Kara runs when there are other players out there who would seem to benefit more from it, but I guess the guild management had done some planning and in their infinite wisdom come to the conclusion that for this run it was actually better to bring healers who didn’t need any drops and let the less-geared who could benefit from drops sit it out.

Anyways, with my usual luck regarding drops and rolls, probably none of the things on my wish list would have dropped for me had I been in there.

And if I don’t get into the guild Kara badge farm runs I can always go pugging since it seems that is allowed now, hoping for some better luck in drops there :-)

0 kommentarer: