Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lucky Day for me!

This here is me on my pretty new mount, a Swift White Hawkstrider that dropped for me on a heroic Magister's Terrace run last night :-)



It was a pretty fun run actually, although it started out a bit weird because the tank in our group was someone that had been on my ignore list for a long time, so I couldn't see anything he wrote in partychat.

This guy was in our guild for many months a long time ago, and struggled with us as we were progressing through Kara. He got our first T4 helm drop from our first Prince kill, and promptly the day after he /gquit.

Turned out he had been applying to other guilds for some time without telling any of us, not satisifed with the way our guild progressed, but apparently satisifed enough to keep coming for the phat lewt.

When asked why he had done what he did he had some vague explanations, all contradictory, and none of them even remotely reasonable. Asshattery, in other words, ooh shines for me-mentality, you know the type... So I put him on ignore and he has been there ever since.

Ah well, I thought when I saw that he was going to tank heroic MrT for us, let's give him a chance and if he acts nicely maybe I will remove the ignore. I thought it a bit strange that he was in the group to start with, since all the rest were guildies of mine.

I told one of the members that he was on my ignore list so he would understand why if I didn't reply to anything the tank said. After a while this guildie whispered me again and asked if he, the tank, was still on ignore, and when I indicated that this was the case, he told me "lucky you".

Seemed there was a lot of whining going on on the part of said tank, no surprise really because I could induce that from the others' comments in partychat.

No reason to whine really, it was a heroic run and a few deaths and wipes were not something you should be surprised at, nor whine about.

Anyways, it was a pretty smooth run for me, I healed the rest as well as I could and mostly kept them alive.

I greeded on the purple drop from the first boss and apparently noone needed it, so the tank was upset that the one who won the greed-roll (not me) couldn't disenchant it.

The second boss went down without a hitch, but the third boss was a bit trickier.

On our first try I got stunned and couldn't heal for long enough to lose some of us => wipe, and on our second try I got feared into one of the packs to the side behind the boss => wipe.

This seemed to spawn yet another bout of whining on the tank's part, since my guildies made quite a few acid remarks to him in partychat.

The third try went smooth and the Pristess dropped Formula: Enchant Cloak - Steelweave and Vial of the Sunwell for me!

So we proceed to the last boss, getting there without a hitch. It was my first time ever in heroic MrT and I died pretty fast on our first try at Kael'thas himself.

The second we were all dead the tank left the group, apparently after having said a few choice words about me.

No big deal, I asked in gchat for a tank for last boss, and we got one right away.

I was just surprised that the whining ex-guildie tank didn't kick us all out of spite, since he was the group leader, which would have teleported us all away and left him free to find another group and kill the boss.

Because the last boss did drop a very special treat for us - the abovementioned Swift White Hawkstrider!

We all needed on it and I won it with a 100 roll! Happy me!

And later that night we went to Kara and I finally got a replacement for my Essence Focuser - the Maiden of Virtue dropped the Shard of the Virtous for me!

(Hmm this was really a me! me! me! post, but I was really happy for my drops yesterday :-)

On a side note, as I logged in today I got a message that said "Ignore removed because player no longer exists" - and yep, it was the whining ex-guildie tank that had removed himself from our server ;P

0 kommentarer: