Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lost friends and found friends

Yesterday was a sad day.

One of my best friends in the guild had decided to leave us and join another guild. I was very unhappy to see him go and I will miss him a lot, but I understand his reasons for wanting to leave and I can’t say that they are wrong.

I know we will keep playing together, heroics and bg’s and dailies and hopefully even some pug raids, so its not like it was goodbye for ever, but still… And now my friends list is about twice as long as usual, after I put all his chars on it ;P

Yesterday also brought a shocking revelation!

Last year, this guy I played with rather much got fed up with the game and everything and decided to go out in flames, which he did rather dramatic and eloquently, I must say. With the hindsight that comes when you have seen both sides of the fence, so to say, I can understand his reasons for not being happy and they were not all unfounded, but he was a bit on the black-list for a while there.

He popped up a few times after that but presently he ceased showing up. I assumed he had transferred servers or quit playing, and eventually I forgot about him.

Last night, another WoW-friend of mine whom I met a few months ago and play a lot with from time to time nowadays told me he had a confession to make. He told me he knew me, that we had been playing together a lot before, and then he told me he actually was the very same guy I mentioned above, the one who blew up and (I thought) quit the game!

I was like hahahahahaha omfg are you serious? It’s you? It’s really you?

Curiously enough, I was not angry or upset or anything like that, I was just hilariously wtf-ed and had a lot of questions. Where did this char come from? Did you lvl him from scratch? Where is your other char, the one you played before? And what I found most amazing was: How could you keep this a secret these past months when we have played together?

Writing this, I still feel like I am about to bubble over with incredulity and zomg-ness, but what I feel most is actually genuine happiness that he’s back :-)

I promised him not to mention any names in my blog and I won’t tell anyone who he is, but it will certainly require some serious wilful restraining on my part, cause what I really want to do is stand on the rooftops and shout to everyone I know that he’s back.

0 kommentarer: