Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daily Quest Leechers

So, new daily quests have opened up, the second stage of the Shattered Sun Offensive. A new opportunity to travel around the world, get some gold, get some rep with this faction, and a wonderful chance to see people at their worst.

No, I am not talking about members of the opposite faction trying to kill you over a Mana Cell, most of the people I have encountered up there in Blade's Edge seems to have been intent on finishing the quest as fast as possible and haven't bothered with some world pvp.

I am talking about people like this guy I just encountered, a priest from one on the larger raid guilds on this server. (An aptly named guild it seems, if this guys behaviour is any indication).

Have you done the daily quest Intercepting the Mana Cells where you have to gather Mana Cells in Bash'ir Landing, Blade's Edge Mountains? You fly up there, you kill an ethereal and get a Bash'ir Phasing Device which phases you into a shadowy version of the normal sunny cheery world.


It's a bit dark and hazy and you don't see who is moving around up there until you are pretty much on top of them.

Anyways, the Mana Cells you are gathering are lying scattered around on the ground, usually guarded by a Mana Wyrm that you have to kill before you can pick up the cell. I had just finished off a wyrm and was starting to pick up the cell when this alliance priest runs up next to me and tries to pick up the same cell.

Well, I was first, I got it, and he ran off somewhere else.

I spotted another cell further away and ran there to pick it up. It was guarded by a Mana Wyrm and just as I was getting closer I spotted the guy again, this time standing a bit away from the Mana Cell and its guardian Wyrm, waiting silently for me to engage the Wyrm so he could snag the cell. I figured he could have the cell but without me helping him get it, so I turned to go find another. Unfortunately I had been too close to the Wyrm so it attacked me.

And, surprise surprise, the leech immediately ran for the cell and picked it up. And, to make sure I knew it was no honest mistake on his side, some oh-I-didn't-realise-you-were-up-here-doing-the-same-quest-moronic-attitude, he said "Hehe" as he did it.

Wtf is wrong with people like this? There are plenty of cells up there, you don't spend many minutes doing the quest even if you have to kill a Mana Wyrm for every cell you take. This guy rather waited silently for me to engage the wyrm than kill it himself and get the cell - Jools am holy with gear from Kara and badges and I kill them easily - a priest from a guild that raids the Black Temple should have even less trouble with them. And still he preferred to be a total jerk and act like this? Sad and pitiful behaviour indeed.

Two minutes later I had finished my quest and flew off to do the next daily in Netherstorm.

0 kommentarer: