Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Top Orc

Yesterday my husband defeated Captain Skyshatter and became the Top Orc. He got himself the pilot's wings of the Dragonmaw, the Skybreaker Whip, and I am just so proud of him.


He did his first race against that damned elusive Captain Skyshatter more than a week ago now, and he has been swearing and cursing for many days now when he's been thrown off his gryphon-in-disguise in various stages of the chase, accompanied by the demoralizing da-dong sound of quest failure, but he never gave up. And he beat him without having a Riding Crop equipped!

Four (four!) times he has gotten so far that he has actually finished the race laps and landed on the air strip, but just a fraction of a second too late after Skyshatter and the quest failed.

By now he probably knows the exact route of the race, where there are possible shortcuts to shave some milliseconds of your flying time, places where it's safe to be ahead of Skyshatter and where you had better be real close to him to avoid failing because the distance to him got too large.

So when I suddenly heard a joyful shout instead of the usual muttering I knew something good was up. And, yes, indeed it was:


Even the former Dragonmaw champ had to admit it in public...


And of course there was some rep gains and gold to be had as well:


Way to go, love! I am so happy for you! <3!

I wish I had your patience and single-minded determination in cases like this (I still haven't defeated Ichmann, I stopped trying when I got revered with Netherwing and got me the Commander's Badge). But who knows, maybe I'll pick it up again one day and I will become the Top Orc too :-)

For you out there with more patience than me, check out this video or others on youtube of how other's have defeated Skyshatter. Seems like it's easiest to memorize the race course and stay ahead of him as much as possible.

0 kommentarer: