Saturday, March 29, 2008

Star Wars Spirit of Redemption

The Isle of Quel'Danas is the new ganksta heaven it seems, the summoning stone more cluttered with skeletons and dead bodies than the one at Kara even. As we were trying to summon a friend here we got killed (of course) by the many sad loser hordes who should do as their parents tell them and go to bed members of the opposite faction engaging in world pvp. And as my priest Jool is specced for Improved Death of course the blue-white angel poofed up above the slaughtering scene.



Since I didn't need to heal anyone, it being a lost cause anyhow, I moused over the icon to click down the angel form. And the icon tooltip was this:

Has this always been the case? Can't remember ever reading that before. Or maybe I just never bothered reading it, since usually when you click down the angel form you are pretty pissed at being killed until dead anyways.

But the tooltip is very much reminiscent of the conversation in Star Wars between the old jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and his former disciple Darth Vader:

Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.

Obi-Wan: You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

So does this make me a Jedi?

I think it does.

And if you disagree, I am going to quote another line from Star Wars to you:

Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.

And you better remember what the black-clad cyborg did to the man he was speaking to as he uttered those words... You don't want Obi-Jools to end up Darth Jools, now do you?

(But as a side note, I am not really sure I agree with the tooltip, because (and to quote yet another character from the Star Wars movie)

Han Solo: I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit.)

0 kommentarer: