Sunday, March 23, 2008

Larue

So you play Alliance. So you are a wow-nerd. So TBC hits and of course you pick up you pre-ordered copy as soon as the shops open. And after you have explored the new world a little with your lvl 60's, what do you do?

Why, you roll a draenei shaman of course, the one class denied the Alliance for so long.

And I did. Larue came as far as about lvl 10 and then I didn't play her for a long time. A looong time.

I pulled her out of hibernation some months ago and played her occassionally. After I quit raiding recently I have been mostly lvling my alts and Larue is currently lvl 56, going for Outland as soon as she can.

I did all the new quests in Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isle, moved on to Darkshore and Ashenvale but when she was about lvl 30 I went to Teldrassil and did all the noob night elf quests to get as much rep with rep with Darnassus as possible. Why? Well, she would be lvl 40 soon and get her first mount and I did not want an elekk. Clumsy looking, a little pathetic, my heart feels a little sorry for them, but I did not want to have to look at a huge purple butt all the time when Larue was riding around.

And at the tender lvl of 38 or so Larue was Exalted with Darnassus. Besides the areas mentioned above there are some quests in Desolace that give Darnassus rep. So when she dinged 40 she went straight to the night elf capital and bought herself a shiny white Frostsabre. Happy Larue!

(Getting a mount always makes me happy, no matter that I have so many chars and have bought so many mounts, its always a happy feeling reaching that milestone :-)

Talents
Larue lvled with a very random spec, talent points placed without any particular plan, but at 40 she specced Enhancement. Windfury Weapons, Lightning bolt, Stormstrike, Eartshock, pew pew, mob dead in a crackling display of Nature damage.

I have not yet tried Elemental, but am thinking of doing that after she's been in Outland for a while. And at 70 if not before, I think I will go Resto. I enjoy healing with my priest and the shaman way of healing seems very interesting.

Professions
Larue stared out as a jewelcrafter and miner, but since I had 375 JC on Jools when I started playing Larue for real I switched her to skinning and leatherworkig, figuring I could make her some nice leather gear to wear, especially at the later levels.

Current goals
Well, she actually has only one current goal atm:
- Ding 58 and hit Outland ;P

Also a goal, although not measurable like the one above, is to explore the different specs available to the shaman and become more proficient in all of them. It is still a little of a mystery to me, especially when to use what totem.

Armory link for Larue

0 kommentarer: