Sunday, February 17, 2008

Me me f**ing n00b!

So as I was playing my druid Joaquime today, and was on a flow in AV in the special AV weekend, on my sixth or so consecutive win, I was rushing down to Frostwolf Keep with some others to get and defend the grave yard and towers while the most of the crew were beating down on Galv. I came to a halt at the Frostwolf Graveyard where some horde was chasing down a gnome warrior. The warrior seemed to be on top of things and I threw him some heals to keep him alive long enough to get the job done.

Now this is me, in my catsuit, in my feral spec, healing because I can and because it seemed better to heal the warrior than go cat and dps at the time, when I suddenly get a whisper that just stops me in my tracks.


This is not something I usually encounter while bg'ing. For some reason this player has taken his time to target me, whisper me, taking care to spell noob the correct way, showing how good he is at communicating with people, and to include a profanity.

But he also forgets to include what he wants (a heal) and then he takes his time to whisper me again, adding this wish to be healed to his earlier statement.

For some reason he thinks its more important that I heal him than the warrior the two hordes are beating on.

I am at a loss of what to do, I see no other than the warrior in sight, and even if I could have seen the whisperer, his chances of getting a heal from me now is slim, to say the least. Non-existant, would be more truthful, even. Not-gonna-happen, is another way of putting it.

Anyways, the horde have reinforcements coming, the gnome warrior die, I die, and I have no idea if the unseen whisperer is dead too, and frankly I couldn't care less.

However, as I am at our grave yard, waiting to be ressed, I get another whisper from the sweet talker.


So I assume that he did die too.

He may have whispered me with more but I by this time I had welcomed him to my ignore list and was blissfully uninterrupted by hostile whispers out of the blue for the duration of that AV. We lost, by the way.

Now losses in AV do happen, but I can't help to wonder if maybe they are more frequent with players like this in them, players who actually spend time and efforts whining about things, rather than getting them done.

While in the AV, I checked him out in the bg tab, and he was listed as a shaman. So after the AV I was actually curious enough to check out this guy, and he was listed in the Armory in four different guilds (none of which had any other members than himself) and he was shown to be an elemental/resto specced shaman.

Now, last time I checked, a shaman can heal themselves pretty well, and this guy had about 750 +healing bonus. Me, in my cat gear, I have +0 healing bonus. It would have been better if he had whispered himself to get a heal. But maybe he was out of mana, in which case healing him up would be pretty useless anyways since it would mean I would have to stop healing the warrior.

This guy had netted about 3500 honorable kills in his days of playing. Me, on my druid, I have about 2300. I have not played very much BG's with her, I joined the general honor craze before TBC was released and have played a little since the Arena S1 gear became available for honor points, but that's about it. So, I am no BG expert, but I usually help get the job done without being a sad little moron like this new addition to my ignore list.

And think about the time and effort this guy spends on whispering people calling them things. Well, maybe he had never whispered anyone else and this was the first time, but somehow I get a feeling this was not the first time he did something like this.

What if he could make something useful out of that time instead? As most of us know, if you type something while fighting at the same time, both things get a little unfocused...

Ah, well, this is not really anything I wish to dwell further on. Morons and jackasses are sadly all too frequent in the WoW-universe, but at least this place has an Ignore-list.

0 kommentarer: