Saturday, November 17, 2007

Patch goodies

I have to say that the 2.3 patch is the best patch ever! Sooo many new fun things!

After having flown around the lakes in Zangarmarsh for an hour, fishing in every pool I found I got it! The [Weather-Beaten Journal], which taught me the ability to Find Fish!

Happier than a teenager home alone on a Friday night when his parents forgot to lock the bar cabinet (and that can be the very essence of happiness, trust me on this, I have 3 teenies at home and even remember how it felt like myself ;P) I flew around looking for those yellow spots which indicates FISH HERE! And they are all over the place! Never realised there were so many pools around when I had to find them manually!


Always liked to fish but now I luuuv it! Happy Tess!

Tessy is also very happy about the new daily cooking quests! Given by the goblin named The Rokk close to the Netherwing Dragon sellers in Shattrah, she has so far gotten 3 new cooking recipes:

[Kibler's bits ] to make your hunter's pets even happier (I wonder if the pets would prefer Kibler's bits or [Sporeling snacks]?)

[Stormchops], a fun recipe that makes you zap nearby enemies for 30 minutes. The zapping actually does a little Nature damage, and it is no good to have eaten this if you are a rogue trying to stealth up to kill two humanoid mobs at the same time. The sapped one will get zapped too, getting damaged, and you will have two angry mobs hammering away at you :/.

The ingredients for this dish are 1 Lightning Eel and 1 Clefthoof Meat. Heard someone say that the waters outside Karazhan was full of Lightning Eels, but 30 minutes of fishing there yielded only 2 Eels but a lot of Bloodfin Catfish and Crescent-Tail Skullfish. Flew off to Winterspring instead and fished in the Hotsprings there. Much better droprate - got about 10 Lightning Eels in 20 minutes of fishing there!

[Skullfish Soup] , which conveniently enough is cooked with Crescent-Tail Skullfish,which I just happened to have an abundance of after last day's fishing for Eels :-)

Also happy Joaquime! She is an alchemist and since I like to have all recipes/patterns/designs/formulas/whatever for all my professions I have gotten her exalted with Sporeggar for their [Shrouding Potion]. Btw, was does this potion do anyways? I can't seem to notice that I am shrouded in anyway?
[Edit: Aha, now I know what it does! It works like a rogue's Feint, lowering your threat when you are fighting! Could be useful when healing since I don't have that many (=zero) threat lowering capabilitis)

And in the new patch, another exalted reward was introduced: the Tiny Spore Bat!



This is one if the cutest pet I have ever seen! (Well, the piglet Mr Wriggly and the baby elekk Peanut comes close, but this one sparkles!)

That was all for now, folks, more to come as I continue my journeys thru Azeroth and the Outlands!

0 kommentarer: