Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Infinite Mystery

Ever since I saw it drop on my first Curator kill some months ago my warlock Paynne has been drooling over this beautiful staff - The staff of Infinite Mysteries!

Paynne wasn’t there when we downed that big ugly mofo that first time (was short on tanks at the time so I was there on my fit and well-shaped and not at all fat bear tank Joaquime) but she has been there several times after that. The staff has not dropped.

Paynne has missed some of the Curator kills though these last months and I know the staff has dropped then because it seems half the casters in our guild is running around with that pretty purple stick bouncing on their backs.


Anyways, some nights ago Big Fat Ugly was going to go down again, and I brought all my lucky charms with me (well, I tell a lie, I don’t have any lucky charms but I wish I did). Anyways, my (lack of) charms seemed to work, because at Moroes the Nethershard Girdle dropped and I rolled 100 (yes, top score, max roll, the gods of random chance were on my side!) and won it. Or, were the gods on my side now… seems I would have won it even if I had rolled 1 beacuse noone else wanted it…

Also, Big Fat Ugly flatly refused to die that night, and after some stupid tired wipes we decided to call it a night for the night, get some sleep and come kick his butt clear-eyed and clear-headed the next day instead.

I was a bit worried about my damage output in the fight, being demo specced and dragging my lovely sweet Felguard around with me to protect me and chug away distributing pain to anyone trying to hurt me is a sweet way to fight out of instances, but he seems to be pretty impotent against the Curator’s flares and my shadowbolts kept getting interrupted by the arcane discharges, making that 2,5 sec cast time into something more like 5-6 seconds (although it felt like forever or at least 10-15 secs, standing there shaking and sparkling purply) (phew that was a long sentence…)

So I decided to do some talent reshuffling, going for a destruction build with enough in demonology to get demonic sacrifice for that extra spell damage boost..

Back to Curator the day after, quickly clearing the way and into Big Fat Ugly Not Long Left To Live’s room.

Sadly enough, Backlash doesn’t seem to proc on the arcane discharges from the flares, so my hopes for some insta-Shadowbolts was crushed. However, Immolate, insta-Conflagrate and insta-Shadowburn when caught in the discharges and Shadowbolts when not seemed to work pretty good, so eventually Big Fat Ugly Not Long Left To Live turned into Big Fat Ugly And Very Dead.

And when the loot master asks for a drumroll before he shows what has dropped, you just know that it is going to be something pretty….

Sadly (for me) some of my fellow raiders didn’t actually have that staff either, and also sadly (for me) it turned out the gods of random chance were actually laughing at me since I rolled 5 (5!) and thus lowest of all casters present and the pretty staff of my dreams went to a mage instead.
/cry /cry /cry /cry /cry /cry /cry….

Ah well, he’s a sweet mage and I am happy for him and glad he got a nice upgrade. (Also, there will be one less to compete with next time the bloody thing drops…)

I also take comfort in a saying we have here in Sweden that goes something like this:
If you are unlucky in games, you are lucky in love.
So I expect a whole lotta sweet luuuv will be coming my way (hmm, maybe I’d better start dropping some tangible hints to my husband…)


Raid evaluation
+ Sweet fellow warlock who keeps track of soulstoning and health stoning and other warlock duties (also reminded me of how to keep your imp alive during the fights…Passive! Passive! Passive! NOT Defensive! Gah, I have been felguarding too long…)
- I forgot to put the Curse of Doom on the BFU at 1 minute left til evocation – twice!

0 kommentarer: