Monday, June 16, 2008

...where many have gone before

Aerie Peak is a highly populated pve server and Jools' new guild has a lot of members. SW was more crowded than I have ever seen it.

I was pretty nervous when I logged in for the first time here, and whispered the recruiting officer of the guild for an invite.

Was a bit like going to a new job for the first time, you are really careful not to make an ass of yourself, like laughing at the wrong things, saying the wrong things or generally put your foot in it.

Well, I was invited and heartily welcomed by them all :-)

Some guildies wanted to do a heroic and I offered my services as a healer (trepidatingly, cause I did not want to mess things up and lose ppl due to sucky healing on my very first day here, but I figured I might as well jump into the boiling pot as soon as possible, so to speak ;P)

I got extra nervous when I discovered that all my addons had been resetted during the transfer, and all my customized help-for-a-confused-healer was gone. Hurriedly I tried to set them up from memory, and I got the basic parts covered.

Anyways, off to the Ramparts we went, me, a bear tank and three hunters. I needn't have worried, the run went smooth and fast and it was a lot of fun. I didn't lose anybody, which was more luck than skill on my part though cause there were some real close calls when I misclicked or was just plain absentminded.

Well, I did die myself once, due to my own stupidity... *slaps head* Psychic Scream, dummy, use that when the mobs are beating on you, Fade is on cd and the bear's Growl is resisted! (Well, use it in situations like this at least, when there's no risk that the feared mobs will draw new ones to you.)

All in all, it was not a bad first-night-in-the-guild for me. To paraphrase an aviator's saying, "any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing", and I think I was able to walk from this one pretty good.

So, hello my new guildes, it was good to meet you and I am looking forward to getting to know you all :-)

Type rest of the post here

0 kommentarer: