Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Alliance suck at pvp!

Was doing some Arathi Basin runs, me and a few friends were playing for fun and for honor and for marks.

As we enter the bg and wait around Trollbane’s Hall for it to start, this druid yells out “If we can’t win, make sure we lose quickly!” Eh, say again?

Never mind, the bg begins and we race out to cap the nodes. We get two, the hordes get three and then four.

The yelling druid starts spamming bgchat – ok, let them win, lose quickly so we get our mark.

Eh, excuse me? Wouldn’t it be more useful to retake some nodes and win?

I suggest that if he wants to lose, why not get a group of likeminded people (you know there are more of this kind, we have all encountered them in the bg’s, the let-them-win-crowd) and go fight their bg’s sitting down unarmed. They would get their one mark in just a few minutes then.

This suggestion is not received favourably by Mr I-Want-To-Lose.

Me and my friends assault the farm, fight there for a few minutes, we die and run back but the hordes die too and we manage to claim the farm as ours.

I am not a good pvp’er, I usually refer to myself as bait, cannon fodder, an otherwise useless distraction or something similar that indicates that my prime contribution to bg’ing is keeping the enemy occupied and not killing anyone else. That I am not good at it does not mean I won’t try to kill the enemy (and I do kill them! A lot of them!) and also not that I don’t find it fun in some way – I would never grind bg marks if I was bored to death by it, and with some friends it is actually mostly fun. (In small doses, mind you, not day-long bg grinds!)

Anyway, our claim provokes new outbursts from the same Mr I-am-only-here-for-marks – Wtf are you doing? Don’t retake the nodes!! It will only take longer to lose!!

We move on to the lumber mill and we manage to take that node as well. We now have three nodes and a good chance at winning if we keep them, but then the horde claims the farm back and the stables after that.

Actually, we are having quite fun pissing of the Loser Druid and keep advancing, retaking node after node only to lose it as we leave it undefended behind us.

Meanwhile, the I-Can’t-Be-Arsed-To-Actually-Fight Druid is dancing around in the fields, far away from any skirmishes and very far away from being any kind of useful contribution to the bg, whining in bgchat about how alliance always suck at pvp. I guess he is talking about himself.

(A quick peek at this player in the Armory later shows him dressed in full pvp honor epics, presumably gotten from losing a helluva lot of bg’s.)

And of course we lose the game. And we get our 1 Arathi Basin mark of Honor

I just don’t understand these people – how can you roll an Alliance char and go bg’ing with him/her, expecting to win without actually having to make an effort and then spend half the time whining that Alliance suck in bg’s? Well of course they do – News Flash! – it’s because there are people like you in it!

Go roll a Horde char then- cause everyone knows that all Horde always use voice chat comms and are really coordinated and prepared and, oh I almost forgot, they do not suck at pvp! It’s some magic ability that comes from playing Horde – master pvp’er!

Well, lately I have actually won most of my bg games, both on Vashj and Aerie Peak, so I guess the Alliance does not always suck. And maybe, just maybe, the people who think that Alliance do suck and keep screaming this in bgchat, and keep telling everyone to lose quickly, maybe they are the ones that suck, and not the rest of us that actually keep fighting. Ever stopped to think about that, have you? Didn’t think so.

0 kommentarer: