Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fishing the Lurker

These new Achievements really are my cup of tea - what better way to spend the last weeks before Wrath than revisiting all of the old world and do all those dungeons and raids once again so you'll get credit for them.

Tessye, my rogue, my master fisherman and master cook, is of course doing all the achievements related to those professions.

Last night I was flying around in Outland fishing and killing stuff to complete the Outland Angler and the Outland Gourmet achievements, when I saw that there was a nice little mission called the Lurker Above.

Never been raiding with Tessye but so what, these days you don't need an attunement to enter SSC and she is a rogue with Master of Deception and Camouflage, she can sneak past most mobs.

(And by "sneak past", I mean keeping to the side of the gangways, bypassing mobs, cause looking away for a split second and running right into a bog giant will get you spotted and killed, no matter how good a sneaker you are - this I discovered the hard way.)

So, I got a sweet guildie who were exploring the world and thus not unwilling to be in a raid group with me to make just such a group. Enter SSC and stealth up. I thought for sure some on the mobs would be able to see through stealth, but none did - they were all unable to see me! Well, except that bog giant I had that unfortunate close encounter with.

I stealthed along to the gangway support strut that makes a handy ramp down into the water and went down. Sadly, the fishies in the water could see me so I went down for real as well :-(

Since I am such an avid fisherman and do the daily fishing quest, I have a lot of Elixir of Water Walking in my bags, so for next try I popped one of these before I dared venture out over the water. For some reason I did submerge once I left the ramp, and the fishies were onto me pretty fast, so try #2 was a fail as well :-(

Well, not like I was gonna give up that easily! I had engaged all the guild in my tries through gchat and I couldn't just back down now, could I? They even almost started a bet poll on my chances of one-womanning the Lurker if I ever got to his little isle.

So, next try, on the platform closest to the isle, standing just above the water, I drank an Elixir, went into Stealth again and then I popped my Sprint.

But it was still the same, as soon as I went into the water I sank down! Luckily, this time I jumped up asap, managed to get up on the water surface and started sprinting over the water to the isle.

And I got there! Not a single fish attacked me!

Could fish the Lurker up in peace and quiet in the little isle...

Took me a fair few tries before the old cunning fish finally took the bait and came up for me, but I am now a proud accomplisher of The Lurker Above!

And no, I didn't one-woman the old smelly bucket of dead carp, he took one hit at me for 17 k and I went down like a very dead rogue :/

0 kommentarer: